NBA impact for top prospects
Which top prospects will be stars and make the quickest NBA impact?
- Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesCody Zeller could end up being the steal of the 2013 NBA draft.
Welcome to the Insider edition of 5-on-5! This panel is dedicated solely to debating the 2013 NBA draft. In this edition, our experts examine the potential impact some of the draft's top prospects will have on the NBA, immediately and in the future.
1. Which player could be the steal of the draft?
Bradford Doolittle: If the mock drafts are correct, I think Cody Zeller will be an excellent get in the 10-15 range. In this draft, he's a top-tier talent with a terrific performance record at a great school in a great conference.Michael Hickey/Getty Images
Tom Haberstroh: Mike Muscala. He has the second-highest PER in the NCAA ranks and can score on just about anyone. He dominated the competition from the Patriot League, which is what you'd expect from a player of this talent level and size. But I have a feeling he's being docked too many points for where he played (Bucknell). If he can take his sweet shot to the perimeter, watch out.
To read more of Insider's 5-on-5 panel's take on which top prospects will be stars, and when, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Clips extend streak to 7 behind Griffin, Paul
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Parker, Ginobili combine for 54 in Spurs' win
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA DRAFT ON ESPN.COM