Bobcats, Bennett a perfect fit
Charlotts needs exactly what UNLV power forward is offering
- Jeff Bottari/Getty ImagesUNLV power forward Anthony Bennett could be an instant contributor for the Charlotte Bobcats.
If we only based our judgment on last season's production (9.5 PPG, 5.8 RPG), it certainly wasn't. I think there's a decent chance Kidd-Gilchrist ends up proving his worth as a top-5 selection. But scoring and shooting were his question marks going into the draft, and those remain the biggest questions today.
A season later, the Bobcats once again pick among the top 5, and ESPN draft expert Chad Ford projects Charlotte to draft UNLV power forward Anthony Bennett with the fourth pick overall. If Charlotte does indeed select Bennett, can the Cats expect more from him than they got from Kidd-Gilchrist? And is Charlotte as ideal a spot for Bennett to reach his potential as, say, Portland was for Damian Lillard?
Let's take a look.
To read more of why David Thorpe says UNLV's Anthony Bennett is the perfect fit for the Charlotte Bobcats, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- LeBron ditches mask without medical clearance
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- LeBron happy to laud 'good friend' Ilgauskas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NBA ON ESPN.COM