2013 Wizards NBA draft guide
Breaking down Washington's draft profile and potential picks this year
- Ned Dishman/NBAE/Getty ImagesThe Washington Wizards have a talented backcourt with John Wall and Bradley Beal.
NBA Insiders Amin Elhassan and Bradford Doolittle break down the draft history, needs and potential picks of the 14 teams eligible for the NBA draft lottery this year. With some help from Chad Ford's Big Board of Top 30 prospects, we take a look at the Washington Wizards.
Personnel needs: Backup PG, SF, PF
Major need: Washington was arguably a playoff-level team in the East when John Wall was healthy. When Wall, Bradley Beal and Nenê were all in the lineup together, the team went 15-8. While they don't have contender status, the Wizards have many main needs filled and now seek to tweak what they have. There is a need on the roster for a stretch power forward who can space the floor to give Nenê room to operate on the blocks and Wall the freedom to run pick-and-roll action without having to fight sagging help defense. Upgrading the backup point guard spot should also be a priority to ease the burden on Wall.
To read more of the Washington Wizards' 2013 NBA draft guide, become an Insider today
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Noah, Anthony decline to discuss 'gossip'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Washington Wizards John Wall #2 Red Revolution 30 Swingman Basketball Jersey