2013 Magic NBA draft guide
Breaking down Orlando's draft profile and potential picks this year
- Sam Forencich/NBAE/Getty ImagesCenter Nikola Vucevic rose above his throw-in status and produced a superb season.
NBA Insiders Amin Elhassan and Bradford Doolittle break down the draft history, needs and potential picks of the 14 teams eligible for the NBA draft lottery this year. With some help from Chad Ford's Big Board of Top 30 prospects, we take a look at the Orlando Magic
Personnel needs: PG, SG, PF
Major need: The most glaring need for Orlando is to bring in a playmaker who doesn't just create offense for others but can also be a threat himself. The Magic need a player who will elevate the offensive production and efficiency for a team that ranked 27th in the league in points scored per 100 possessions (101.6) and 20th in effective field goal percentage (48.5). Another point of emphasis should be the ability to generate "easy" points, as the Magic were 29th in 3-point percentage, 29th in FTA rate and 27th in fast-break points per 100 possessions. Translation: Every point scored seemed to be a struggle. An athletic wing player who can shoot could help fill that void.
To read more of the Orlando Magic's 2013 NBA draft guide, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Orlando Magic Cross-Body Black Sheen Purse