2013 Pelicans NBA draft guide
Breaking down New Orleans' draft profile and potential picks this year
- Derick E. Hingle/USA TODAY SportsThe Hornets took Anthony Davis last year. Who will the Pelicans take?
NBA Insiders Amin Elhassan and Bradford Doolittle break down the draft history, needs and potential picks of the 14 teams eligible for the NBA draft lottery this year. With some help from Chad Ford's Big Board of Top 30 prospects, we take a look at the New Orleans Pelicans.
Personnel needs: PG, SG, SF
Major need: The Pelicans got inconsistent production from their shooting guard position this season, with lottery pick Austin Rivers underperforming (to put it lightly) and max contract holder Eric Gordon struggling with complications associated with his knee injury. While Al-Farouq Aminu showed signs of development at small forward, New Orleans still needs a solid, consistent option at that position, someone who can defend on the perimeter as well as space the floor.
To read more of the New Orleans Pelicans' 2013 NBA draft guide, become an Insider today
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New Orleans Pelicans climalite Navy Performance Polo