Redrafting 2007: Durant is No. 1
Five years later, Portland gets a mulligan, OKC still looks strong
They say that hindsight is 20/20. When it comes to 2007 NBA draft, whoever said that would be absolutely right.
At this time five years ago, people were debating whether Greg Oden would be the next Shaq or Bill Russell. While every scout and GM in the NBA loved Kevin Durant and he was the clear No. 2 pick, no one I spoke with before the draft would have taken him ahead of Oden.
Three debilitating injuries later, the Oden pick was a disaster for the Trail Blazers and a boon for the soon-to-be Oklahoma City Thunder.
What if we could go back in time and, knowing what we know now, redo the draft? Things would look very, very different.
To read more of how Chad Ford does a do-over for the 2007 draft, become an Insider today.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Clips CEO: Doc wants out if Sterling stays
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job, too
- Sterling sues NBA, wife, others for damages
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Draft
- Brian Windhorst retweeted
- david b. thorpe retweeted