The 10 best international NBA prospects
(Drafted by Bucks on June 28)
Yi has been generating tremendous buzz from international scouts this year as the next "It" player from overseas. He's been dominant for the Guangdong Tigers of the Chinese Basketball Association this season, averaging 24.8 points per game and 11.4 rebounds while shooting 57 percent from the field. Like Yao Ming, Yi has great size for his position. He's a 7-footer, but unlike Yao, Yi is an excellent athlete who runs up and down the floor, spots up for 3-pointers and loves to deliver huge dunks on the fast break. In that way, Yi is more like last year's No. 1 pick, Bargnani, than he is Yao. Yi has been cleared by his team to enter the NBA draft this year. A number of teams have him ranked as the third-best prospect in the draft, right behind Greg Oden and Kevin Durant. Next season, his impact on the NBA should be felt across the globe.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Kings to acquire Gay from Raptors
- Celtics slam Knicks in season's biggest rout
- LeBron has 24 as Heat breeze past Pistons
- Thunder dismiss Pacers behind Durant's 36
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Players from around the globe are turning the NBA into the International Basketball Association. We're evaluating the impressive talent.
• Hollinger: Top 30 players
• Hollinger: PER leaders, 1 to 86
• Ford's Draft Watch: Two days with Yi
• Ford Blog: Where will Yi land?
• Meet China's newest export to the NBA
• Ford: 10 int'l players to watch
• 2007 international prospects
• Ford on global scouting
• Raptors' Maurizio Gherardini
• Quiz: Int'l players in the NBA
• Leaders: International players
• Merrill: Playoffs have international flavor
• Whittell: Watching the playoffs in London
• Whittell: Euroleague Final Four
• Whittell: Euroleague Final Four notes