Who's No. 1, Part 2
Originally Published: April 13, 2006By Chad Ford | ESPN Insider
Play ESPN.com's 2006 Lottery + Mock Draft and see the results for 2,184 potential lottery combinations. More than a month ago, we wrote that a rather intense debate is emerging concerning the order at the top of the draft. At the time, we wrote that the three consensus best players in the draft were all forwards: Texas sophomore LaMarcus Aldridge, UConn sophomore Rudy Gay and Gonzaga junior Adam Morrison.
It's amazing how much can change in a month. One player, Gay, has fallen a notch in the opinion of most scouts because of a less than impressive tournament performance. Another, Morrison, also seems to have lost a little traction. Meanwhile, three other players -- LSU's Tyrus Thomas, Florida's Joakim Noah and Italy's Andrea Bargnani -- have inserted themselves in the mix with excellent performances when they matter most.
Elsa/Getty ImagesNoah has exploded into the minds of NBA scouts with his March rampage.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Sources: Wolves put Brewer back on block
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.