2002: Amare vs. Yao for Western dominance
Updated: June 27, 2006, 1:22 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
Originally published: June 27, 2005 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 Editor's note: We asked ESPN Insider John Hollinger to evaluate every NBA Draft pick since 1995 and tell us what the lottery teams during those years should have done, based on what we know now about each player. For more on John's methodology, click here. For the Houston Rockets, taking Yao Ming was nearly a no-brainer. But while Yao's done a fine job as a traditional center, what we didn't see coming was a player who might, far more than Yao, reinvent post play.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kings owner: Coach must be 'jazz director'
- Bulls' Noah says he'll return to face Knicks
- Spurs to be without Parker, Leonard vs. Griz
- Bucks' Parker lost for season to torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Warriors' Run Ends At 16
- In a battle of the NBA's best, Memphis put an end to Golden State's franchise-best win streak.