1998: Dirk's draft features several head cases
Updated: June 27, 2006, 1:22 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
- Originally published: June 27, 2005 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 Editor's note: We asked ESPN Insider John Hollinger to evaluate every NBA Draft pick since 1995 and tell us what the lottery teams during those years should have done, based on what we know now about each player. For more on John's methodology, click here. In retrospect, the 1998 draft is best remembered as one in which a very tall German made the Dallas braintrust look very brainy indeed. Right below Dirk is a great battle for the No. 2 spot between Vince Carter and Paul Pierce.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Harden scores 41, rallies Rockets for OT win
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Meeks erupts for 42 as Lakers stun Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com