Pierce to the Blazers?
Updated: June 14, 2005, 12:03 PM ETBy Chad Ford | ESPN Insider
• Check out Chad Ford's blog for the latest on draft workouts in Chicago. CHICAGO The Chicago predraft camp officially got under way Tuesday night with 64 prospects playing their hearts out in scrimmages in front of hundreds of NBA scouts and executives. The action was fast and furious on three different courts for an hour and a half, but serious scouting won't begin until today, when individual drills and actual games start. That meant that the name of the game Tuesday night was rumors. Lots of them. Some good, some not so good. Insider talked to dozens of NBA executives and scouts to get the latest scuttlebutt. Here's what we're hearing. • The most interesting draft rumor flying around this weekend had the Blazers and Celtics talking about a deal that would send Paul Pierce to Portland for the No. 3 pick in the draft and Nick Van Exel. On Tuesday, Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge shot that rumor down, telling Insider it was "ludicrous." Ainge said he had no intention of trading Pierce, especially for a draft pick. Still, it's an interesting idea.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Rose late scratch for Team USA's exhibition
- Team USA reserves get shot in rout of D.R.
- Silver: Risks indeed high in international play
- Sources: Durant offer by UA at least $265M