Improving interior defense a primary need
A five-game April tailspin has exposed some weaknesses in the Wizards. Our scout explains what they are.
After Wednesday's 93-82 victory over Chicago, the Wizards' 43 victories represent a 18-triumph increase. Coach Eddie Jordan's team has enjoyed the league's third-best turnaround, and heads to the playoffs for the first time since 1997.
The Wizards were 30-19 on Feb. 11 but have played sub-.500 ball (13-16) since. They've endured a recent five-game losing streak that featured critical losses at home to the Indiana Pacers, Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers and on the road against the Pacers and Detroit Pistons.
Why have the high-powered Wizards stumbled? There are many reasons for this.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Felton pleads guilty in gun case, spared jail
- Sources: Mavs close to deal with PG Nelson
- Mavs void Lewis contract due to knee issues
- Clips' 'bid book' shows Ballmer overpaying
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Washington Wizards John Wall #2 Name and Number T-Shirt