Major shakeup in West ... after the Spurs, that is
Updated: September 21, 2005, 5:12 PM ETBy Chad Ford | ESPN Insider
For the past five years, the Western Conference teams have dominated the East. This looks like the year the pendulum starts swinging the other way. Only two teams in the West, the Kings and Rockets, significantly upgraded while several playoff teams -- the Mavs, Grizzlies and Suns -- were significantly weakened this summer. That leaves room for cellar dwellers such as the Warriors to finally break through, while the dream may be over for former Cinderellas such as the Grizzlies. Insider breaks down how this summer's moves will likely reshuffle the standings in the West next season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Sources: Clips close in on ex-Spur Jackson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Dallas Mavericks 24 oz Colossal Wrap Tumbler