Kiss 'Em Goodbye: Chicago White Sox
Underachieving stars Adam Dunn and Alex Rios must rebound in 2012
Kiss 'Em Goodbye is a series focusing on MLB teams as their postseason dreams fade -- whether in September (or before), the league division series, league championship series or World Series. It combines a broad overview from Baseball Prospectus, a front-office take from former MLB GM Jim Bowden, a best- and worst-case scenario ZiPS projection for 2012 from Dan Szymborski and Kevin Goldstein's farm-system overview.
Today we bid farewell to the Chicago White Sox, who signed Adam Dunn and watched the high-profile free agent lose complete confidence at the plate. His struggles mirrored the team's, as a horrific start put the White Sox in a hole from which they never fully emerged.
For the full breakdown from all angles -- Bowden, BP and Szymborski -- you need to be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Nike Men's Chicago White Sox Dri-FIT Mesh Black Adjustable Hat