Giants go overboard for Lincecum
Contract extension is way too rich given Tim Lincecum's recent track record
The San Francisco Giants announced a scientific breakthrough this afternoon, demonstrating the ability to travel forward in time and return to the present, thus fulfilling the dreams of H.G. Wells. Or at least, I think they did, given that this afternoon they re-signed former ace Tim Lincecum to a two-year, $35 million contract, a transaction that only makes sense if black-and-orange clad physicists crunched some equations and managed to bring back tales of a future in which The Freak returned to prime form.
To see why Lincecum's contract is such a disaster for the Giants, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Yoon joins Orioles, readies for mound debut
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Team Marketing San Francisco Giants Hometown Heroics DVD