Why Tigers will win it all
According to the numbers, Detroit is the best bet to win the World Series
What makes a team dangerous in October is similar to what makes a team dangerous from April through September, but there are differences that make the playoffs a whole new ballgame and that play to the Tigers' strengths, despite the fact that they will likely be the No. 3 seed in the American League.
For example, quality depth, an important aspect of coming out on top over 162 games, tends to be a significantly smaller factor over a stretch of a few weeks -- after which a World Series champ can emerge in as few as 11 games.
To see why the Tigers are the favorites to in the World Series, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Source: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Morse agrees to 1-year contract with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
The Red Sox rebounded from a tough loss to clinch a spot in the ALCS.
- Majestic Men's Detroit Tigers Miguel Cabrera #24 Authentic Cool Base Road Grey On-Field Jersey