Why the Indians' success won't last
Too many on Cleveland playing above their heads at this point of season
When Dan Szymborski released his updated playoff odds to account for moves -- or lack thereof -- at the trade deadline, he noted that the big losers on Wednesday were the Cleveland Indians. The deadline came and went, and the Tribe failed to add any talent to their roster, while the Tigers, Orioles, Rangers and Red Sox made strong additions to bolster their rosters for the stretch run. Standing still while your competitors improve is equivalent to going backwards.
To read Dave Cameron's full analysis on why the Indians' success won't last throughout the season, become an Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Baseball Hall cuts election eligibility to 10 years
- Price, Rays prevail with rally over Red Sox
- Lester: I'd re-sign with Sox even if traded
- Puig, Dodgers go on triple spree, rout Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fatheads Cleveland Indians Logo Teammate Graphic