Rangers' playoff hopes in trouble
A punchless lineup has put Texas' postseason hopes in jeopardy
July has not been kind to the Texas Rangers the past two seasons. Last season, they went 9-14 in July and gave the Oakland Athletics an opening in the American League West race. At the start of this July, the Rangers were fourth in the ESPN Power Rankings but have fallen in each of the past four weeks and now find themselves at No. 11. Texas has not been able to hit, and the prognosis for the final two months is quickly turning dour.
To see why the Rangers must improve hitting to reach the postseason, sign up for Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers outlast Angels for Scherzer's 12th win
- Back to Seattle: Mariners acquire Morales
- Twins call off Knoblauch induction post-arrest
- Ortiz (back) questionable for Price rematch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Replica Texas Rangers Elvis Andrus #1 Home White Jersey