Rangers' playoff hopes in trouble
A punchless lineup has put Texas' postseason hopes in jeopardy
July has not been kind to the Texas Rangers the past two seasons. Last season, they went 9-14 in July and gave the Oakland Athletics an opening in the American League West race. At the start of this July, the Rangers were fourth in the ESPN Power Rankings but have fallen in each of the past four weeks and now find themselves at No. 11. Texas has not been able to hit, and the prognosis for the final two months is quickly turning dour.
To see why the Rangers must improve hitting to reach the postseason, sign up for Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- M's GM in defense: 'We've never deviated'
- Maddon: Rays must be ready for Price trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
The Red Sox rebounded from a tough loss to clinch a spot in the ALCS.
- Team Marketing Essential Games of the Texas Rangers DVD Set