Rockies need bats, not arms
Though trade talk has centered on pitching, Colorado must address lineup
Matt Garza and Jesse Crain have both been specifically mentioned as targets, and the overall tenor of chatter seems to be that the Rockies need pitching. And generally speaking that is true -- Colorado has rarely had an abundance of quality arms from which to choose. But this season, the Rockies are in greater need of a bat or two to help round out their lineup if the want to be taken seriously.
To see why the Rockies must target hitting and not pitching, sign up for Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Lane change: Ex-OF gets 1st start for Padres
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
- Rays activate Peralta from DL; Bedard DFA'd
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Colorado Rockies Team Logo Framed Photo