Rockies need bats, not arms
Though trade talk has centered on pitching, Colorado must address lineup
Matt Garza and Jesse Crain have both been specifically mentioned as targets, and the overall tenor of chatter seems to be that the Rockies need pitching. And generally speaking that is true -- Colorado has rarely had an abundance of quality arms from which to choose. But this season, the Rockies are in greater need of a bat or two to help round out their lineup if the want to be taken seriously.
To see why the Rockies must target hitting and not pitching, sign up for Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Colorado Rockies Leader Black Full-Zip Jacket