Five NL trades that must happen
Cliff Lee to the Pittsburgh Pirates? It's one proposal on the table
With the All-Star Game behind us, the focus in baseball now turns to the next big event of the season, the July 31 deadline to trade players without having to pass them through waivers. Unlike in some other sports, a lot frequently happens at the trade deadline, and any big name on a weak team can find his way into a new uniform.
Given baseball's seemingly interminable wait to resume after the All-Star break, what better time to bring out the what-if machine? Here's a look at five trades featuring National League "buyers" that make too much sense not to happen.
To read more on NL trades that should happen, sign up for ESPN Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Philadelphia Phillies Cliff Lee Red T-Shirt