Houston's quest to catch '62 Mets
Calculating the odds of the Astros making baseball history
After losing their fifth game in the row on Monday, the Houston Astros dropped to 10-29, the worst record in baseball. That comes out to a winning percentage of .256, just a hair above the .250 mark (40-120) that the 1962 Mets managed in their first season of play. This has everyone wondering: Can the Astros break that mark and become the new gold standard of futility?
To see why the Houston Astros could eventually finish with the all-time worst record -- and why that has no bearing on their long-term rebuilding project -- become an Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Report: Red Sox trying to acquire Ramirez
- Free-agent Sandoval to pick team next week
- Sources: White Sox snag LaRoche for $25M
- Ibanez among 3 finalists for Rays manager
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Houston Astros Club Navy/black Raglan T-shirt