Colorado's path to playoffs
The first-place Rockies now have a puncher's chance at the postseason
Before the start of the season, it would have been hard to find anyone outside of 2001 Blake St. in Denver who was optimistic about the Colorado Rockies' chances. They started the season ranked No. 28 overall in the ESPN Power Rankings but have moved steadily up. In the second week, they ranked No. 21, then No. 19 in Week 3 and now No. 8, making this the first time in the past two seasons that the Rockies -- who are 13-5 and in first place in the NL West -- have placed in the top 10.
Their turnaround has many purple-clad denizens thinking playoffs, and there is a scenario, however unlikely, that could see Colorado reach the postseason.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Colorado Rockies Carlos Gonzalez #5 Home White Jersey