Best, worst Gold Glove picks
Breaking down where the voters went right (and wrong) in 2012
The 2012 American League and National League Gold Glove Awards have been announced. As usual, the selections made by the managers and coaches are a mixed bag, with some strong selections and a handful of questionable winners.
There are a number of no-brainer choices when it comes to Gold Glove voting. Mark Buehrle, Yadier Molina, and Alex Gordon, for example, were obvious choices where both the numbers and the scouts agree; in fact, the panel of experts for the Fielding Bible Awards unanimously recognized all three fielders for their defensive contributions, and all three also repeated as Gold Glove winners. However, other Gold Glove selections required more careful thought and insight on the part of the managers and coaches, who do the voting.
At Baseball Info Solutions, tracking defense is one of our specialties, so let's take a look at some of the best (and worst) Gold Glove selections this year.
For access to all of Insider's MLB content, sign up today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers outlast Angels for Scherzer's 12th win
- Back to Seattle: Mariners acquire Morales
- Twins call off Knoblauch induction post-arrest
- Ortiz (back) questionable for Price rematch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Baltimore Orioles Adam Jones #10 Black Cool Base Batting Practice Jersey