How social media brought about the end of the fiery, quotable manager
A FEW HOURS BEFORE the Yankees played their 161st game, CC Sabathia sat in front of his locker staring at his iPhone, checking Twitter. Nearby, Joba Chamberlain waited for his iPhone to ring him into a Skype teacher-parent conference about his son. Freddy Garcia walked into the room, with earphones attached to an iPad, staring at the screen.
To read more about how social media brought about the end of the fiery GM, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
- Samardzija to start Opening Day for Cubs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Boston Red Sox Mini Slugger Softee Bat and Ball Set