Five NL trades that must happen
Justin Upton to the Pirates, Cole Hamels to the Dodgers and other deals
- Getty ImagesUpton, Hamels and Quentin need to move this month, and here's how they can.
Baseball's non-waiver trade deadline is a scant two weeks away, so it's rapidly becoming time for teams to start making some final decisions on the near-future comings and goings.
Baseball's general managers continue to brazenly refuse to space the big trades out conveniently for us pundits, instead cramming all the moves into a one- or two-day period. So now's a good time for a little fantasy role play -- for baseball, of course, so put away your 20-sided dice and your NC-17 warnings.
Below are five trades that teams should strongly consider. I'm not reporting rumors here, but rather some win-win trades with an attempt to be fair to both sides. In this case, we're focusing on scenarios in which the NL club is the "buyer" and making a move to win this year. On Wednesday, we'll look at AL buyers.
To read the full story about NL trades that should happen, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves' Medlen leaves with strained forearm
- Dodgers' Kershaw, Ryu to start in Australia
- Cardinals sign star Cuban shortstop Diaz
- Reds hopeful Latos can return in first week
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB on ESPN.com
- Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves Justin Upton #8 Cool Base Alternate Ivory Jersey w/ Hank Aaron 715th HR Patch
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog