Kiss 'Em Goodbye: Kansas City Royals
The Royals are loaded with young talent, but they're still experiencing growing pains
- Tim Larson/Icon SMIEric Hosmer is hitting .287 with 17 homers this year in what has been a promising debut.
Kiss 'Em Goodbye is a series focusing on MLB teams as their postseason dreams fade -- whether in September (or before), the league division series, league championship series or World Series. It combines a broad overview from Baseball Prospectus, a front-office take from former MLB GM Jim Bowden, a best- and worst-case scenario ZiPS projection for 2012 from Dan Szymborski and Kevin Goldstein's farm-system overview.
Today we show the door to the Kansas City Royals, who nursed their vaunted minor leaguers to the majors and experienced the corresponding growing pains. It's time to kiss them goodbye.
For the full breakdown from all angles -- Bowden, BP and Szymborski -- you need to be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yanks' Tanaka makes start, gives up homer
- Jobe, pioneer of Tommy John surgery, dies
- Phillies' Hamels to rest arm another week
- Manny, not ready to retire, hoping to get call
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Majestic Youth Kansas City Royals Royal Change Up T-Shirt
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog