Potential buy-low candidates
It's time for GMs to pounce on these five players while their prices are low
Just like their counterparts -- those with peaking values -- a handful of high-potential players are not playing up to their capabilities. Some of them have performed in the recent past and are young enough to believe in for the future.
It's worth noting that Florida Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez fits the above criteria, but doesn't necessarily qualify as a buy-low trade candidate, since the Fish are believed to be hanging onto their star players to open their new stadium next year.
Here are some of those talents who shrewd GMs should be targeting as buy-low candidates.
For a full list of great buy-low candidates for this year's MLB trade deadline, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Nike Men's Oakland Athletics Authentic Collection Dri-FIT Cotton Graphic Green T-Shirt