Bucs, Mets need to be sellers
A quartet of clubs that must start trading assets before July 31
Updated: June 9, 2014, 9:24 AM ETBy Paul Swydan | ESPN Insider
Justin K. Aller/Getty ImagesThe Pirates should be looking to surround Andrew McCutchen with more talent in 2016.Last week, we looked at teams stuck in the middle who should try to make a push as the trade deadline appears on the horizon. This week, we're looking at teams who should throw in the towel and sell off some of their more desirable short-term assets before the July 31 trade deadline.
It just doesn't seem like the Pirates' year.
To see why the Pirates, Mets, Padres and Royals should be sellers -- and whom they should sell -- become an Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Yanks plan to block A-Rod bonuses
- Reds, C Mesoraco reach $28M, 4-year deal
- Royals, Dyson agree to 1-year, $1.23M deal
- Orioles acquire OF Snider in deal with Pirates
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
The nine best dynasties in baseball history.
- Nike Men's New York Mets Authentic Collection Dri-fit Legend Royal Performance T-shirt