Bucs, Mets need to be sellers
A quartet of clubs that must start trading assets before July 31
Updated: June 9, 2014, 9:24 AM ETBy Paul Swydan | ESPN Insider
Justin K. Aller/Getty ImagesThe Pirates should be looking to surround Andrew McCutchen with more talent in 2016.Last week, we looked at teams stuck in the middle who should try to make a push as the trade deadline appears on the horizon. This week, we're looking at teams who should throw in the towel and sell off some of their more desirable short-term assets before the July 31 trade deadline.
It just doesn't seem like the Pirates' year.
To see why the Pirates, Mets, Padres and Royals should be sellers -- and whom they should sell -- become an Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Royals' Hosmer in lineup; Vargas improving
- Reds slugger Bruce goes on bereavement list
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Jon Lester could soon be wearing a different uniform. But which uniform?
- Rawlings New York Mets Grand Slam Softee Bat and Ball Set