Angels, Sox and the speed divide
Los Angeles is winning on the bases and Boston is missing Jacoby Ellsbury
In close races, even the smallest things can make a difference, and baserunning is a minor -- yet crucial -- factor. The importance of intelligence on the basepaths is demonstrated by the Los Angeles Angels and Boston Red Sox, the teams that rank 12th and 13th, respectively, in this week's ESPN Power Rankings.
To see why the Angels have been so good at baserunning -- and the Red Sox so poor -- become an Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Headley wins it in 14th of debut with Yanks
- Rockies place Tulowitzki (hip strain) on DL
- Jeter becomes Yanks' all-time doubles leader
- Angels won't limit ace Richards' workload
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
The Cubs are at the top of Keith Law's list of the top five minor league farm systems.
- Majestic Youth Boston Red Sox David Ortiz #34 Red T-Shirt