Angels, Sox and the speed divide
Los Angeles is winning on the bases and Boston is missing Jacoby Ellsbury
In close races, even the smallest things can make a difference, and baserunning is a minor -- yet crucial -- factor. The importance of intelligence on the basepaths is demonstrated by the Los Angeles Angels and Boston Red Sox, the teams that rank 12th and 13th, respectively, in this week's ESPN Power Rankings.
To see why the Angels have been so good at baserunning -- and the Red Sox so poor -- become an Insider today.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Jon Lester has moved to the top of the list of players who could soon get traded.
- Majestic Youth Boston Red Sox David Ortiz #34 Red T-Shirt