Bounceback candidates for 2014
Pujols among six players poised to improve upon disappointing 2013 seasons
With spring training just a month away, the pickings on the free-agent market are slim. While there are still a few desirable players available -- most notably a certain pitcher coming over from Japan -- the majority of teams will need to get their biggest 2014 boosts from players currently on their rosters.
Whether you call it regression to the mean, the plexiglass principle or the dead cat bounce, here's a look at six players primed to have 2014 seasons that make us forget their 2013 campaigns. (Note that projected stats come courtesy of the ZiPS projection system.)
To see the rest of Dan Szymborski's top bounceback candidates for the 2014 MLB season, sign up to become an ESPN Insider.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Royals' Hosmer in lineup; Vargas improving
- Reds slugger Bruce goes on bereavement list
- Werth out of Nats' lineup with ankle sprain
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
Jon Lester could soon be wearing a different uniform. But which uniform?
- Majestic Men's Authentic Chicago Cubs Starlin Castro #13 Cool Base Road Grey On-Field Jersey