Bounceback candidates for 2014
Pujols among six players poised to improve upon disappointing 2013 seasons
With spring training just a month away, the pickings on the free-agent market are slim. While there are still a few desirable players available -- most notably a certain pitcher coming over from Japan -- the majority of teams will need to get their biggest 2014 boosts from players currently on their rosters.
Whether you call it regression to the mean, the plexiglass principle or the dead cat bounce, here's a look at six players primed to have 2014 seasons that make us forget their 2013 campaigns. (Note that projected stats come courtesy of the ZiPS projection system.)
To see the rest of Dan Szymborski's top bounceback candidates for the 2014 MLB season, sign up to become an ESPN Insider.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Price, Rays prevail with rally over Red Sox
- Lester: I'd re-sign with Sox even if traded
- Puig, Dodgers go on triple spree, rout Giants
- Davis homers in 10th as Orioles edge Mariners
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MLB ON ESPN.COM
This year's managerial inductees arrived at the Hall of Fame from different directions.
- Majestic Men's Authentic Chicago Cubs Starlin Castro #13 Cool Base Home Jersey w/ Wrigley Field 100th Anniversary Patch