Getting ahead has helped Weaver excel
Both of today's starting pitchers, the Cardinals' Jeff Weaver and the Tigers' Kenny Rogers, have been excellent in the postseason. Here are a few reasons why:
• Weaver getting outs in key counts: The most interesting thing to watch with Weaver tonight might be his performance on certain counts -- specifically, 1-0, 0-2, and 1-2. In the 20 playoff at-bats that ended on one of those counts, Weaver did not allow a single hit.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future