Sorry Astros, but it's over
Down 3-0 in the World Series, the Astros stand no chance of coming back to beat the White Sox.
Prior to this season, there were 21 best-of-seven World Series in which one team held a three-game lead over the other (this includes two Series in which one of the first four games was a tie). In 18 of those World Series, the next game was the last game. In only three of those World Series did the losing team win that next game ... and none of those three teams managed to win another.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Houston Astros Avenue Sign