Sorry Astros, but it's over
Down 3-0 in the World Series, the Astros stand no chance of coming back to beat the White Sox.
Prior to this season, there were 21 best-of-seven World Series in which one team held a three-game lead over the other (this includes two Series in which one of the first four games was a tie). In 18 of those World Series, the next game was the last game. In only three of those World Series did the losing team win that next game ... and none of those three teams managed to win another.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Chicago White Sox Alexei Ramirez #10 Home White Replica Jersey