Sorry Astros, but it's over
Down 3-0 in the World Series, the Astros stand no chance of coming back to beat the White Sox.
Prior to this season, there were 21 best-of-seven World Series in which one team held a three-game lead over the other (this includes two Series in which one of the first four games was a tie). In 18 of those World Series, the next game was the last game. In only three of those World Series did the losing team win that next game ... and none of those three teams managed to win another.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Royals' Hosmer in lineup; Vargas improving
- Reds slugger Bruce goes on bereavement list
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Houston Astros Avenue Sign