Astros took longer than expected
Until now, the Houston Astros had great success during their history ... other than making the World Series.
Originally Published: October 20, 2005By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
Yes, 44 seasons seems like a long time for a franchise to reach its first World Series. But consider:
• The Texas Rangers, born in 1961 as the new Washington Senators, still haven't reached the World Series;
Joe Morgan began his Hall of Fame career in Houston before being traded to the Reds after the '71 season.
• The Angels, who began life in 1961 as the Los Angeles Angels (and have taken many names since), have played in only one World Series (and won);
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers get Price in 3-way deal with Rays, M's
- Red Sox trade Lester to A's for Cespedes
- Lee exits early for Phillies in 3rd start off DL
- Yanks get Red Sox's Drew, D-backs' Prado