Astros took longer than expected
Until now, the Houston Astros had great success during their history ... other than making the World Series.
Originally Published: October 20, 2005By Rob Neyer | ESPN Insider
Yes, 44 seasons seems like a long time for a franchise to reach its first World Series. But consider:
• The Texas Rangers, born in 1961 as the new Washington Senators, still haven't reached the World Series;
Joe Morgan began his Hall of Fame career in Houston before being traded to the Reds after the '71 season.
• The Angels, who began life in 1961 as the Los Angeles Angels (and have taken many names since), have played in only one World Series (and won);
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs legend Banks memorialized at service
- Report: Richards, Angels agree on $3.2M deal
- Nats' Werth to serve 5 days for driving 105
- Minaya leaves Padres to be MLBPA adviser