Astros end World Series drought
After coming close so many times before, the Houston Astros finally will play in their first World Series.
The feeling also has to be satisfying for veteran pitchers Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte. They probably feel like I felt going back to Houston in 1980. (When I was traded from Houston to Cincinnati in 1971, I hoped one day to come back to Houston and help the Astros win a championship, because that was where everything started for me. I'm originally from Texas and came up through the Houston organization. Everything in baseball started for me there. That's the reason I went back there after I left Cincinnati.) Clemens and Pettitte went back to Houston last season to try to do the same thing. They both grew up in Texas and both won championships like I had, then decided to try to help the team from their hometown win a World Series.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Lane change: Ex-OF gets 1st start for Padres
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
- Rays activate Peralta from DL; Bedard DFA'd
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Houston Astros Jose Altuve #27 Navy T-Shirt