Bunting Carlos Ruiz makes no sense
Asking catcher to sacrifice in sixth hurts rather than helps Phillies' scoring chances
It's fair to say the sixth inning of Saturday night's NLCS Game 6 will haunt the Philadelphia Phillies throughout the offseason. Raul Ibanez led off the inning with a double, bringing Carlos Ruiz to the plate with nobody out.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NLCS GAME 6 WRAP-UP
NLCS GAME 6: GIANTS 3, PHILLIES 2
- Majestic Women's Philadelphia Phillies Chase Utley #26 Red T-Shirt