Free passes burn Giants
Four-run seventh inning propels Phillies to a 6-1 victory in NLCS Game 2
According to win probability added, the biggest single play of Game 2 of the National League Championship Series was Cody Ross' third solo home run of the series that came in the fifth inning off Roy Oswalt. However, in the seventh inning the Phillies put together a couple of hits that, although they did not individually have the impact that Ross' homer did on win probability, together had more, in part thanks to the Giants' own tactical decisions.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Phils' Rollins: No idea why I'm benched
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NLCS GAME 2
PHILLIES 6, GIANTS 1
- Franklin Philadelphia Phillies Soft Strike Baseball