Raul Ibanez hurt Phillies' chances
Misplayed deep fly ball to left field in sixth inning of NLCS Game 1
While Cody Ross' two solo home runs will get the attention, it was a ball that stayed in the park that cost the Phillies their chance to win the first game of the NLCS. With two outs and a runner on first base in the sixth inning, Pat Burrell drove a ball to deep left field, and while Raul Ibanez had enough time to get under it, he couldn't figure out how to make it land in his glove.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ALCS GAME 2: RANGERS 7, YANKEES 2
NLCS GAME 1: GIANTS 4, PHILLIES 3
- Fremont Die Philadelphia Phillies 12" Car Magnet