Rangers touch all the bases
Big plays on the basepaths propel Rangers past Rays and into the ALCS
Updated: October 13, 2010, 12:44 AM ETBy Carson Cistulli | FanGraphs
Even though managers and color commentators alike expend considerable effort in singing the praises of baserunning, research shows us that, generally speaking, runs (and, thus, wins) gained from effective baserunning pale in comparison to the contributions, respectively, of batting, pitching and fielding. Or, rather, that's usually the case.
To keep reading this breakdown, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB briefs managers, GMs on replay system
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
DIVISION SERIES WRAP-UP
ALDS GAME 5: RANGERS 5, RAYS 1
- Majestic Youth Texas Rangers Adrian Beltre #29 Royal T-Shirt