Look for Phillies-Rangers World Series
Everyone thinks we're getting a 2009 rematch, but not ZiPS and Diamond Mind
- Getty ImagesCliff Lee is going to be a major factor against the Yanks, who don't hit LHPs well.
Last week, using Diamond Mind simulation software and updated ZiPS projections for the playoffs, we set the computer to work to project the results of the division series in both leagues. We went 2-for-4, which is generally considered pretty good in the baseball world, but we think we can do better.
That's why we're back at it for the LCS round.
For a full explanation of why the Yankees won't reach the World Series, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Royals' Hochevar needs Tommy John surgery
- Report: D-backs, Perez agree to $4.25M deal
- Nats' Fister held out with elbow inflammation
- Padres' Maybin to avoid surgery on biceps
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
OCT. 15: LCS COVERAGE
ALCS GAME 1: YANKEES AT RANGERS
NLCS: GIANTS VS. PHILLIES
- Majestic Men's Replica New York Yankees C.C. Sabathia #52 Road Grey Jersey
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog