Breaking down Michael Young's blast
Rangers third baseman delivered a devastating blow to Rays in ALDS Game 2
Although we all know that home crowds can exaggerate at times, the controversy here was real. Michael Young was seemingly out on a half swing with runners on first and second and one out in the fifth. Instead, the umpires ruled that Young checked his swing, and on the next pitch, Young took Chad Qualls deep to center field to increase the Rangers' lead from 2-0 to 5-0.Top five plays (all percentages from Rangers' standpoint):
To keep reading this breakdown, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
DIVISION SERIES WRAP-UP
AMERICAN LEAGUEALDS Game 2: Rangers 6, Rays 0
ALDS Game 2: Yankees 5, Twins 2
NATIONAL LEAGUENLDS Game 1: Giants 1, Braves 0
- Nike Men's Texas Rangers Authentic Collection Dri-FIT Logo Legend Royal T-Shirt