Scouting reports: San Francisco Giants
Rotation, bullpen make NL West champions dangerous in the postseason
Originally Published: October 3, 2010By Keith Law | ESPN Insider
AP Photo/Eric RisbergTim Lincecum anchors a staff that could cause even the best offensive teams major issues.The San Francisco Giants spent most of the season out of first place, took a commanding lead into the final weekend, then needed a tight win on Sunday to get in. But that doesn't tell us much about how well-equipped they are for a postseason run. The pitchers you'll see from San Francisco in the playoffs are top-shelf arms, and the Giants just need to cobble together a little offense to become extremely difficult to beat in a short series.
For the full scouting report of the Giants, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear San Francisco Giants Classic Frozen Rope Baseball Necklace