Scouting reports: Philadelphia Phillies
Any series loss before the World Series would be considered an upset for this squad
The Phillies finished third in the NL in runs scored despite losing several key offensive contributors for large chunks of the season, and they posted the third-best starters' ERA (unadjusted for park) while getting more innings from their starters than any other club in baseball. At full strength, it's a solid defensive club, and if you catch the bullpen on the right night, the Phillies can look pretty strong. They're the best club in the league and best-positioned to beat an AL team in the World Series, but like every club in the postseason, they do have a few flaws.
For the full Phillies scouting report, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Philadelphia Phillies Turbo Watch