Scouting reports: Minnesota Twins
The team is better than last year, but can it get out of the first round?
The Twins sneaked into the playoffs last year with the help of some mediocre competition in the AL Central, but fielded a stronger roster on Opening Day this year -- one that was good enough to surmount the loss of the AL's best player in the second half. With major contributions from an unheralded rookie, a pitcher who took three years to come back from Tommy John surgery and a future Hall of Famer having one of the all-time great age-40 seasons, the Twins romped to another division title but it still may not be enough to get them past the first round of the playoffs.
To read the full scouting report on the Minnesota Twins, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
- 'Intrigued' Skeeters invite McGrady to camp
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Minnesota Twins 59Fifty Home Navy Authentic Hat