Insider Intel: Phillies vs. Dodgers
If L.A. can work Philly into its pen, this one could go the distance
The rematch of the 2008 National League Championship Series should be better than the original.
When the Phillies are up
1. Watch Ryan Howard's production
The Phillies have a number of left-handed hitters in the heart of their lineup, although only one (Howard) has a substantial problem against left-handed pitchers. However, the Dodgers have a stronger-than-normal group of lefties on their pitching staff, headlined by flamethrowing Clayton Kershaw, with ex-Philly Randy Wolf coming off a regular season in which he dominated left-handed hitters, holding them to a .159/.216/.200 (batting average/on-base percentage/slugging percentage) line.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- A-Rod met Bosch at ALCS, clinic crony says
- Yanks' Jeter takes batting practice in Tampa
- Hamilton drops to No. 7 spot in Angels lineup
- Davis launches 2 HRs as O's trounce Tigers