Insider Intel: Phillies vs. Dodgers
If L.A. can work Philly into its pen, this one could go the distance
- Getty ImagesMatt Kemp takes a rip against the Phillies in June. Here we go again.
The rematch of the 2008 National League Championship Series should be better than the original.
When the Phillies are up
1. Watch Ryan Howard's productionTo see the rest of Keith Law's ideas about this series -- as well as Baseball Prospectus' and Inside Edge's looks at it, and ultimately predictions -- you must be an ESPN Insider.
The Phillies have a number of left-handed hitters in the heart of their lineup, although only one (Howard) has a substantial problem against left-handed pitchers. However, the Dodgers have a stronger-than-normal group of lefties on their pitching staff, headlined by flamethrowing Clayton Kershaw, with ex-Philly Randy Wolf coming off a regular season in which he dominated left-handed hitters, holding them to a .159/.216/.200 (batting average/on-base percentage/slugging percentage) line.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves' Medlen leaves with strained forearm
- Dodgers' Kershaw, Ryu to start in Australia
- Cardinals sign star Cuban shortstop Diaz
- Reds hopeful Latos can return in first week
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Leader Royal Quarter-Zip Pullover
- MLB Home
- AL East
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- New York Yankees
- Tampa Bay Rays
- Toronto Blue Jays
- AL Central
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Detroit Tigers
- Kansas City Royals
- Minnesota Twins
- AL West
- Houston Astros
- Los Angeles Angels
- Oakland Athletics
- Seattle Mariners
- Texas Rangers
- Fantasy: Sign up!
- Spring blog