Insider Intel: Phillies vs. Dodgers
If L.A. can work Philly into its pen, this one could go the distance
The rematch of the 2008 National League Championship Series should be better than the original.
When the Phillies are up
1. Watch Ryan Howard's production
The Phillies have a number of left-handed hitters in the heart of their lineup, although only one (Howard) has a substantial problem against left-handed pitchers. However, the Dodgers have a stronger-than-normal group of lefties on their pitching staff, headlined by flamethrowing Clayton Kershaw, with ex-Philly Randy Wolf coming off a regular season in which he dominated left-handed hitters, holding them to a .159/.216/.200 (batting average/on-base percentage/slugging percentage) line.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Dodgers best Peavy, Giants to cap off sweep
- Cards' Wainwright gets majors-best 13th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Leader Royal Quarter-Zip Pullover