Org watch: Red Sox, Yanks, Blue Jays
Casey Kelly's struggles, a slew of catchers for Jays and possible NYY moves
Today, we're going to look at three of the top teams in the American League East (arguably the best division in baseball). The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox are battling at the top with the Tampa Bay Rays; meanwhile, the Toronto Blue Jays are among the biggest surprises in the first half of this MLB season.
Some quick snapshots:
• Scouts are looking at some impressive talent at the Yankees' Double-A affiliate in preparation for July trade talks.
• The Red Sox have had a tough season down at the farm, and a scout chimes in on the struggles of top pitching prospect Casey Kelly.
• While most teams would be happy to have just one good catching prospect in the system, the Jays are loaded with them.
To keep reading Kevin's observations on these three quality clubs, including some insight into who the Yanks might dangle this summer as trade bait, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
INSIDER TOP PROSPECTS WATCH
Insider's team of experts is watching the minor leagues carefully, following the top prospects and covering them from every angle.
Prospect FeaturesOct. 4: Goldstein: Minor league mirage stats
Sept. 27: Minor league top performances
Sept. 20: The All-Disappointing team
Sept. 14: Law: Re-ranking the rookies of 2010
Sept. 13: Minor league All-Star team
Sept. 10: Grey: Top fantasy rookies for 2011
Sept. 7: 10-spot: Mark Prior is back
Sept. 3: Dustin Ackley's defiant shift
August 23: 10 top pitchers due September calls
August 18: Law's NL draft signings wrap
August 17: Law's AL draft signings wrap
August 16: Zach Britton looks good
August 9: Watch for Oswaldo Arcia
August 2: Prospects falling from grace
July 19: 10-spot: Call-ups for contenders
July 16: Grey: Notes from the Futures Game
July 14: Law: Vitek off to good start
July 12: 10-spot: Top trade prospects
July 11: Grey: Brown developing fast
July 11: Law: Trout impresses at Futures Game
July 10: Law: Ranking the Futures Game
Goldstein's Organization WatchSeptember 29: Nats, Red Sox, Braves
September 22: Reds, Twins, Rangers
September 15: Yankees' pitching
September 8: Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers
September 1: Nats, Marlins, Mets
August 25: A's, Mariners, Angels
August 18: Reds, Twins and Padres
August 11: Indians, Cubs, Jays
August 4: Royals, Pirates, Astros
July 28: Mets, Dodgers and Red Sox
July 21: A look at AL pitching depth
July 14: Barren farm systems
July 7: Making a match for Lee
June 30: Updating the AL West
June 23: Checking out the AL East
June 16: Pirates, Indians and Marlins on move
June 8: After Strasburg, no help for Nats
June 2: Surprises for Reds, Padres and Jays
May 26: Top billing for Rays, Twins and Phillies
May 19: Bottoms up for O's, M's and Astros
Prospect Info• Keith Law's updated top 25 prospects (6/29)
• Keith Law's updated top 25 prospects (5/18)
• Law's Top 100 prospects (January)
• Organization Rankings
• MLB Draft Blog
- Majestic Men's Replica New York Yankees C.C. Sabathia #52 Road Grey Jersey