Org Watch: Angels, A's, Rangers
Fabio Martinez Mesa and Tanner Scheppers are names to know
Today we're going to look at three teams in the American League West: the Texas Rangers, Los Angeles Angels and Oakland Athletics; since the Seattle Mariners are nearly 15 games off the pace and everyone seems to think Cliff Lee is headed to a contender by the end of July, those three squads are the primary contenders out west, with the Rangers currently holding the edge.
Some quick snapshots:
• The Rangers, potentially destined for the playoffs, could have a really deep bullpen come October -- although they're making decisions towards a different end.
• The A's have the No. 11 offense in the American League, and no one has an OPS over .800 on that squad. That's not good. And, um, it's not going to get better.
• The Angels, one of the better-run teams in baseball, have decidedly more in the pipeline than just Mike Trout.
To see Kevin's full report, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Cano undecided on Seattle's offer
- Tanaka may not be available to MLB suitors
- Source: Wilson, Dodgers reach $10M deal
- Brewers deal Aoki to Royals; Braun to RF?