Roy Halladay's Cy Young edge
Ubaldo Jimenez and the Phillies' ace have had similar seasons, except for one key area
Ubaldo Jimenez and Roy Halladay are having excellent seasons; they currently both have 19 wins and ERAs well under 3.00, and they grade out just as well by metrics like "wins above replacement." There are plenty of ways to split the hair's worth of difference between the two --Jimenez threw a no-hitter while Halladay had a perfect game -- but one that immediately leaps off the page is the difference in innings pitched between the two aces -- and that's why it seems one guy is a clear favorite for the 2010 NL Cy Young.
For the full breakdown on Halladay vs. Jimenez, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- GameWear Colorado Rockies Classic Frozen Rope Bracelet