How Coors Field has helped the Rockies get back in the NL West race
One month ago, the San Diego Padres sat comfortably in first place, five games ahead of the San Francisco Giants and 10 up on the afterthought Colorado Rockies. In mid-September, though, we find the Padres and Giants in a dead heat for first and the Rockies rapidly closing in on both.
Thanks to the Rockies' recent surge, Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez are being mentioned in early MVP debates. How can we compare Tulowitzki and Gonzalez to sluggers like Joey Votto, who has better offensive numbers but less value on the defensive side?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester scratched from start but no trade yet
- Castro fly in 16th ends Cubs' longest game
- Machado homer puts O's past Angels in 12
- Yankees trump Rangers, Arencibia's 7 RBIs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- Photo File San Diego Padres Team Logo Framed Photo