How Coors Field has helped the Rockies get back in the NL West race
One month ago, the San Diego Padres sat comfortably in first place, five games ahead of the San Francisco Giants and 10 up on the afterthought Colorado Rockies. In mid-September, though, we find the Padres and Giants in a dead heat for first and the Rockies rapidly closing in on both.
Thanks to the Rockies' recent surge, Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez are being mentioned in early MVP debates. How can we compare Tulowitzki and Gonzalez to sluggers like Joey Votto, who has better offensive numbers but less value on the defensive side?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Phils' Rollins: No idea why I'm benched
- Pineda in control again, holds Orioles scoreless
- Arruebarrena gets visa, finally joins Dodgers
- Twins' Sano optimistic on return after surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider MLB Content
- FANMATS San Diego Padres Runner Floor Mat