How the 40-man roster compromises the pennant races
THE AIR WAS a brisk 64 degrees on the South Side of Chicago last Sept. 4. The White Sox were seven games out and clinging for dear life in the AL Central; they were hosting the Red Sox, who were in a tight wild-card race with the Rangers. Yet based on the way the game was managed, the only clue that this was something more than a meandering, meaningless spring training game was the temperature.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Red Sox trade Lester to A's for Cespedes
- Cards land Lackey, send Craig to Red Sox
- D-backs send Parra to Brewers for prospects
- Athletics send LHP Milone to Twins for Fuld
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: September 20, 2010
Check out the content from ESPN The Magazine's September 20, 2010 issue -- the List Issue -- below.
- Majestic Men's Authentic Los Angeles Angels Howie Kendrick #47 Cool Base Road Grey On-Field Jersey