How the 40-man roster compromises the pennant races
THE AIR WAS a brisk 64 degrees on the South Side of Chicago last Sept. 4. The White Sox were seven games out and clinging for dear life in the AL Central; they were hosting the Red Sox, who were in a tight wild-card race with the Rangers. Yet based on the way the game was managed, the only clue that this was something more than a meandering, meaningless spring training game was the temperature.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers outlast Angels for Scherzer's 12th win
- Back to Seattle: Mariners acquire Morales
- Twins call off Knoblauch induction post-arrest
- Ortiz (back) questionable for Price rematch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: September 20, 2010
Check out the content from ESPN The Magazine's September 20, 2010 issue -- the List Issue -- below.
- Antigua Men's Los Angeles Angels Red Succeed Jacket